Becoming a trusted leader in the mooring industry
In 2018, the Oil Companies International Marine Forum (better known as the OCIMF) launched the fourth edition of its Mooring Equipment Guidelines (better known as MEG4). This publication set the standard for the design, safety, and performance of modern mooring systems, including ropes – and Dyneema® was proud to play a key role in developing these important guidelines.
Three things to keep in mind when switching to HMPE mooring lines
- Good fiber: We recommend Dyneema® SK78 fiber, a threefold upgrade versus earlier grades and the new standard for mooring ropes.
- Good rope design: Jacketed or unjacketed, lay lengths, termination, coating choice… These are just a few factors to consider.
- Good service package: Look for all-round support to ensure reliable operations.
Contact our sales team
- Tailor-made recommendations for your mooring assemblies
- Expert understanding of mooring conditions at a wide range of berthing environments around the world
- Unrivaled knowledge of rope performance for optimal safety
- Support with lowering installation costs for mooring systems
- Advice on regulatory compliance